Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How are foreign exchange students treated in Japan?

Hello readers!

I replied to a query of a foreign student who plans to study in Japan. He/She is wary about going there.


18 Feb 2010
I am planning on going to Japan as a foreign exchange student for one semester during my junior year of high school. I am Asian, and I am told I look a bit Japanese, but I do not speak a single word of Japanese. How are foreign Asians treated in Japan and in high schools?

My reply:

In the more than six years that I studied and worked in a Japanese university, I must say that I had experienced one of the most memorable and pleasant times in my life.

The Japanese that I met were very kind, helpful, respectful, and considerate. The students, professors and everybody else acknowledge foreign students. Be aware of the fact that they observe us as much as we observe them. I understand your anxiety about living in a foreign land. I was surprised that I did not experience homesickness when I was in Japan. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Please stay tuned for my upcoming book, JAPAN Lights and Shadows, which will be released in the middle of 2010. It narrates my life in Japan as a foreign student. I hope that I can help you understand the Japanese people, their culture and way of life.

Visit this link for book info: http://gino510.blogspot.com/2010/02/japan-lights-and-shadows-promotional.html
Source: http://www.permutas-funcionarios.com/foreign-exchange/how-are-foreign-exchange-students-treated-in-japan/comment-page-1#comment-1052
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment