Friday, May 21, 2010

Inferior after-sales service by Globe Broadband

The series of email exchanges below show that I have been complaining to Globe Broadband to restore my Internet connection, by telephone and by email from an Internet Cafe. However, for five days, despite repeated promises, no one has come to fix it. A leading telecom company such as Globe Broadband should attend to the needs of their clients. The most recent email is on top.
From: Gino C. Matibag <gino510@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Please reconnect my Internet access
To: "Globe Telecom Customer Service" <custhelp@globetel.com.ph>, customercare@innove.com.ph
Date: Friday, May 21, 2010, 7:27 PM

Dear Sir:
I am disappointed that you did not reply to my prior email. I am also disappointed that your Technical Department personnel did not come today to restore my Internet connection, as you have promised.
Again, I talked to the following Customer Service representatives of your company who told me to monitor the arrival of your personnel, but in vain. They are: Miriam Ramos, Catherine Matin, and supervisor Jenny Flores.
I am looking forward to any explanation for the unprofessionalism that is being mainfested by your company.
Sincerely,
Gino C. Matibag

--- On Thu, 5/20/10, Gino C. Matibag <gino510@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Gino C. Matibag <gino510@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Please reconnect my Internet access
To: "Globe Telecom Customer Service" <custhelp@globetel.com.ph>, customercare@innove.com.ph
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 7:52 PM

20 May 2010
 
Globe Broadband Philippines
Innove Communications, Inc.
5F Globe Telecom Plaza II
Pioneer corner Madison Streets
1552 Mandaluyong City , Philippines
Tel: +632-7301000
Email: customercare@innove.com.ph
 
Re: Inferior after-sales service by Globe Broadband
 
Dear Sir:
 
As a leading company that aims to provide the best digital technology to its consumers, I believe that Globe Broadband wants the best value and services for your clients.
 
This letter was sent to you to raise my concern regarding the total interruption of Internet connection of Account No: 836387503. The following reference numbers were generated due to this complaint:
 
  1. 1GB10050002033
  2. 1GI10050002197
  3. 4556406
  4. 1GE10050000623
  5. 4585949
 
On the evening of Sunday, 16 May 2010, I experienced intermittent Internet connection. Starting Monday up to the present time, Thursday, 20 May, I have lost Internet access completely.
 
I called up the Customer Service nearly 20 times to follow-up my concerns. Following their advices on how to troubleshoot, I accepted the repetitive apologies for not servicing my concerns. I was told by your Customer Service Representatives that people from the Technical Department would come over to fix, but to no avail. I am certain that you will agree that repeated apologies and promises from your Reps become worthless if the customers' complaints were not solved.
 
I was also advised many times that the 'migration issue' of the cable in my location is the reason for the interrupted Internet availability. However, in the building where I reside, I am the only Globe Broadband subscriber who experienced total loss of Internet access. It highly means that the Internet inaccessibility could be due to a local problem in the modem.
 
Just like Globe, my job entails constant access to the Internet. And just like Globe, no Internet access means loss of revenue. Due to his, I have lost a significant amount in my work. Therefore, I have no choice but to demand to your office the reimbursement of the following:
 
  1. The lost income of PhP50,000 in cash
  2. The amount equivalent to the lost Internet access
 
The above does not yet include the wasted time in calling your office, lost opportunities, and the anxieties caused by the problem. From a customer's point of view, the effectiveness of the Reps' endorsement of complaints to the Technical Department is seen when the Technical people were to be found at the customers' doorsteps.
 
Although some of the Reps' who attended to my calls were nice and accommodating, some of them just hanged-up the telephone. One of them called me up asking if my land phone is functioning well. Not seeming to know what she was saying, I told her that I made numerous calls already. She should know that my complaint is the loss of Internet connection and not the land phone, which I was using talking to her.
 
I was able to get the names of some of the Reps who attended to me: Christine Garcia, Emmalou Pabroquis, Gayle De Leon, Jaira Desimulacion, Kim Monares, Marryn Esguerra, Mary Rose Fernandez, MC John Gallegas, Nel Yabut, Rey Montemayor, Venice Muma, a certain Guian, and a certain Raymund. I was not able to get the other Reps' names.
 
There was a time that I requested to talk to a supervisor to expedite the action to my complaint. But the supposed supervisor did not answer my call despite waiting for more than 10 minutes on the telephone. I am referring to Supervisor Arthur/Arturo Baylon. He did not return my call either. On the other hand, Supervisor Shirleen Palaje took my call, gave reassurance and advised to continuously monitor my Internet connection. However, the Technical people still did not show up.
 
A person from the Support Group by the name of Jade Bucayo called up today and reassured that somebody will fix my connection, but to this time, nobody has restored my Internet.
 
Customers want the best value for the product that they pay for. I am a paying customer and demand to be treated fairly. Also, the lock-in period of one year for Globe Broadband subscription is not fair to the customers getting substandard after-sales service such as this. These concerns will surely negatively impact your company's image, and possibly new, current, and potential subscribers, as much as it did to me.
 
I might be compelled to tell all my friends, the newspapers, and the Internet about this unacceptable treatment if my Internet access were not restored within 24 hours, and my demands above were not met. Thank you.
 
Dr. Gino C. Matibag
Account No: 836387503
 
PS: If you look at my first email below, I have written my contacts numbers. It would be futile to give you an alternate email address since you failed to deliver my Internet service.

Gino C. Matibag

--- On Thu, 5/20/10, Globe Telecom Customer Service <custhelp@globetel.com.ph> wrote:

From: Globe Telecom Customer Service <custhelp@globetel.com.ph>
Subject: RE: Please reconnect my Internet access
To: gino510@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 4:51 PM

Dear Mr. Matibag:
Good day.
We have gathered that our field technician is scheduled to conduct on-site troubleshooting tomorrow, May 21, 2010 with reference ID: 4585949.
Kindly monitor for the arrival of our field technician. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you.


If you need further assistance, feel free to e-mail us again. You may also reach us through any of the following:


 
Chat Assist
Add Globe Telecom on Facebook
Follow @talk2Globe on Twitter
Hotline: 211 (toll-free via Globe mobile) or (02) 730-1000 (toll-free via any Globe Landline)
 
Also, we are exploring ways of communicating with you. May I ask of for your alternate e-mail address if you have and other contact number/s?
 
Thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
 
Sincerely,
 
 
Michael Duncil
Globe Telecom Customer Service

 

From: Gino C. Matibag [mailto:gino510@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:12 PM
To: Globe Telecom Customer Service
Subject: RE: Please reconnect my Internet access
Dear Globe,
Thank you for the reply. It has been 3 days that I have been without Internet service. I am working via the Internet and it has lost me a significant amount of income. The reassurances brought by your company were futile. Nobody came over to fix it. My income losses will increase if Internet inaccessibility continues. Please be advised. Thank you.
Gino C. Matibag

--- On Wed, 5/19/10, Globe Telecom Customer Service <custhelp@globetel.com.ph> wrote:

From: Globe Telecom Customer Service <custhelp@globetel.com.ph>
Subject: RE: Please reconnect my Internet access
To: gino510@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 7:05 PM


Dear Mr. Matibag:
 
Good day to you.
 
We appreciate the time you have taken in writing us.
 
We regret to learn that you are having difficulties regarding your internet connection. Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. On the other hand, we have changed our Globe facilities in your area and were completed on May 18, 2010 (yesterday). The new equipment will provide a more stable internet and landline connection as well as help speed up our response to your technical concerns. Meanwhile, we would advise to monitor your service connection from time to time. However, should you still experience connection difficulty kindly contact us again to report the problem.
 
Thank you for bearing with us.
 
If you need further assistance, feel free to e-mail us again.
 
You may also reach us through any of the following:
 
Web: www.globe.com.ph/support Chat Assist
Add Globe Telecom on Facebook
Follow @talk2Globe on Twitter
Hotline: 211 (toll-free via Globe mobile) or (02) 730-1000 (toll-free via any Globe Landline)
 
Thank you.
 
Sincerely,
 
 
Ferdinand Macaida
Globe Telecom Customer Service
 
 



From: Gino C. Matibag [mailto:gino510@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:48 PM
To: Globe Telecom Customer Service
Subject: Please reconnect my Internet access
 
Dear Globe,

My Internet access has been totally disconnected for nearly 48 hours. I have made more than 10 follow-up calls already. The Reps keep on promising that a repairman will come to fix it but nobody came. Kindly attend to this plea at the soonest. Thank you.

My Globeline No: 728XXXX
My Mobile Phone: 090XXXXXXXX


http://freado.s3.amazonaws.com/cdn/book/signature/7035/80177fe965b78111f4dfee80cfdc3689.gif
Gino C. Matibag
Author
JAPAN Lights and Shadows
Read Now - http://bit.ly/cAvPKv
Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't.
allvoices

1 comment:

  1. Hello Gino,

    I found your blog as I was trying to Google about complaints on Globelines service. I've had similar experience. I've always had problems with their internet service. It sucks! But here is my recent tale of woe: our telephone and internet service was disrupted last May 23,2010 for no apparent reason. The saga lasted for 5 days, despite my attempts to call the customer service daily. It was obvious that their after sales service is lousy, with the CSRs answers that are obviously scripted. I was always fuming mad with every encounter I had with the CSRs, especially that they are very inconsistent. They present you with a different story/reason each time. And their technicians that were visible ONLY in my dreams - because NONE of them showed up.
    I have vowed to withdraw my affair with Globelines forever!

    ReplyDelete