Saturday, July 10, 2010

Yamato Drummers of Japan

My sister and I had a nice time watching the world famous Yamato Drummers of Japan recently. In celebration of Philippine-Japan Friendship Month, the Japan Foundation, Manila and the Embassy of Japan presented the wonderful Japanese men and women showcasing their beautiful culture through music, a bit of martial arts, and lots of enterntainment. I was for a moment transported back to what I consider home--Japan. Watch the three-part video (total running time: 22:00) and photos. Apologies, my still camera is not high-tech enough to capture the drummers' fast and energetic movements. Have fun!




Date: 8 July 2010, 19:30
Venue: SM Mall of Asia Center Stage, Pasay City


To get your copy of the book JAPAN Lights and Shadows, click here. For autographed copies, click here.


Orginally posted here
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment