Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Japan helps foreigners return to home country, Sapporo charity concert for disaster victims

Here is a public service request by a Japanese friend in Sapporo who is now in Tokyo and is reaching out to foreigners in Aomori, Chiba, Fukushima, Ibaraki, Iwate, Miyagi, Tochigi and Yamagata prefectures who were affected by the disasters.
Please visit this Website for more information about the earthquake. Available in Bahasa Indonesia, English, Español, Português, Tagalog, Tiếng Việt, ภาษาไทย「やさしい日本語」中文日本語 and 한글. Hotline: 080-3503-9306.
* * *
March 27, 2011 14:00

Multilingual Support Center for the Tohoku Earthquake out at Pacific Ocean

Disaster Information 80th Translation Edition

Returning home support
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Japan office is supporting foreign victims who would like to return to their home countries.

●Supported matters

・Provide transportation fee from the current evacuation site to the most appropriate departing place

・Contact the embassy/the consulate general/the immigration office and arrange the preparation of the embarkation procedure

・Organize and provide the one way flight ticket to the home country (by the cheapest and fastest route)

・Give advice on returning home

●Applicant eligibility
All of the following conditions must be met to apply for returning home support.

1) The foreign citizen who had been living in disaster areas listed below until 11-Mar-2011 and has been directly affected by either of the earthquake, Tsunami or the nuclear plant incident :

※Aomori prefecture, Iwate prefecture, Yamagata prefecture, Miyagi prefecture, Fukushima prefecture, Tochigi prefecture, Ibaraki prefecture, Chiba prefecture

※ However, the application will be reviewed individually for those who have lived in Aomori, Yamagata, Tochigi and Chiba.

2) Being in very bad circumstances and need to return home country on humane grounds

3) The embassy, the consulate general, or the other support organization (autonomous community or NGO) recognize your need to use IOM returning home support.

4) Returning home country at your own initiative (not under the displacement)

5) Do not have any other financial base or support for returning home country

6) In appropriate health condition for traveling

●How to apply
Consult with the embassy, the consulate general or the other support organization (NGO) and submit an application form to them.

The embassy, the consulate general or the other support organization (NGO) will pass your application form to International Organization for Migration (IOM) Japan office.

●International Organization for Migration (IOM) Homepage

“International Organization for Migration (IOM)” about IOM and an application form ( in Japanese, easy Japanese, English)


International Organization for Migration (IOM) Japan office
Monday to Friday AM11:00-PM4:00

(continuous presence:Japanese, English)


(continuous presence:Tagalog, Thai  nonregular: Chinese, Korean, Portuguese)

Phone:03-3595-0106, 03-3595-2487

【Contact Information】

Multilingual Support Center for the Tohoku Earthquake out at Pacific Ocean
* * *
A musical fundraising activity will be held in Sapporo to support the victims of the recent calamities. Please see the poster above.
Sapporo-based Filipino jazz singer Esmie Takahashi invites all those in the area, "You are invited to the Charity Concert on April 3, 6 pm for the benefit of the Great Tohoku and Kanto earthquake victims. Kindly tell your friends about it please find time to come. A group of singers and jazz musicians are coming together for the concert. Thank you very much. Please be there."
Visit this link for more details.
Kindly retweet and post this in your Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment