A Twitter message from Libyan foreign minister "urges all Muslims to launch global jihad against the West."
The oil-rich state's information minister, however, insisted that it is not a call for violence, Bulawayo24 News said.
This appeal could probably have stemmed from a series of news that NATO had been involved in the killings of hundreds of civilians from the three-month airstrike that was supposed to protect the Libyans from annihilation by its embattled leader, Gaddafi.
Nine people including two children were killed while 18 others were injured when the coalition attacked a densely-populated residential area in Tripoli on Sunday morning.
A statement in the NATO Website on 19 June said, "NATO regrets the loss of innocent civilian lives and takes great care in conducting strikes against a regime determined to use violence against its own citizens."
NATO is investigating the case according to the Website.
One weapon did not hit the target, which was attributed to weapons systems failure that caused the deaths of several innocent people.
These deaths add up to the 856 civilian casualties that was earlier reported.
Some more tweets said:
FreeLibyanman: "Libyan Foreign Minister calls 4 'global jihad. We have another OBL now. Expect terrorist attacks everywhere."
fieldproducer: "Libyan Foreign Minister calls for a 'global jihad against the oppressive criminal West."
fieldproducer: "Libyan Foreign Minister: NATO carried out a 'deliberate air strike' on a residential area."
Watch the attached YouTube video.
Details of this report here.