A woman died instantly in her house when she opened a gift not knowing that it contained a grenade, according to Washington Post.
The gift-package suddenly exploded that killed the 31-year-old who lived in an affluent village in Manila, police sources said.
Metropolitan police chief Nicanor Bartolome said the authorities are in the process of establishing a motive for the blast.
Authorities said that the pin from the grenade was removed upon unwrapping the gift, which triggered the blast and killed the woman.
The public is thereby warned to carefully inspect gifts especially if it came from unknown sources and bear no identification.
Author's note: This kind of news has happened in the past especially during the holidays. Therefore, we should take extra care in receiving gifts. It's difficult but it pays to take the necessary precautions.
Visit this link for more details: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con