Deposed Egyptian was reported to be drafting an apology letter to his nation for his wrongdoings.
The 83-year-old former leader was overthrown from his 30 year-rule on 11 February following an 18-day uprising that resulted to 846 killings and 6,000 injuries, the Al Arabiya News said.
He will ask for forgiveness to the Egyptians and plead for amnesty for his impending prosecution.
Sources told media that Mubarak was "drafting a letter which will be broadcast on Egyptian and Arabic channels, apologizing on behalf of himself and his family for any offence caused to the people."
The former despot will also apologize "for any behavior which may have stemmed from false information passed on to him by his advisers."
Al Jazeera said that on Monday, former first lady Suzanne Mubarak returned a villa in Cairo and handed over $3.4 million from her two bank accounts, the state-ownedMENA reported.
She transferred the assets during her 15-day detention following the government's order of her and her husband's investigation for abuse of power and hidden wealth.
Allies of the former leader had been requesting for amnesty "within an acceptable legal framework" that will include the former first lady, and two sons, Alaa and Gamal, who are being detained in Tora prison in the capital city for corruption charges.
It was reported that amnesty will not be extended to the dictator's sons.
The Mubaraks were reported to be worth billions of dollars and own a villa in the Sharm el-Sheik town of the Red Sea valued in excess of $36 million.
Details of this report here.